Do you live in or near Canberra with an interest in plant conservation? Are you looking for some volunteer work while studying, searching for a job or during retirement? Or know someone who is? A volunteer position at the ANPC's National Office is now available one day a week on Thursdays from 10am to 2pm. Bring your skills, personality, ideas and experience to help us work more effectively towards promoting and developing plant conservation in Australia. The office is based in the Crosbie Morrison Building at the Australian National Botanic Gardens. Volunteers receive a free annual parking permit for the Gardens and free ANPC membership! Click here to download the position description.
- Office administration.
- Marketing and promotion.
- Website updating and maintenance.
- Membership – assisting new and existing members, updating database etc.
- Editing and production of Australasian Plant Conservation.
- Helping to organise conferences and workshops.
What the position offers:
- An opportunity to increase skills, confidence and employment prospects.
- Valuable experience working for a national non-profit organisation.
- Experience in using various computer software packages.
- Administration and organisation skills.
- Scientific writing and publishing skills.
- Exposure to Australian plant conservation issues and projects.
Please email your expression of interest with your CV to ANPC Business Manager, Jo Lynch by Friday 16 June 2017, or by post to:
Australian Network for Plant Conservation Inc.
GPO Box 1777
Canberra ACT 2601
If you would like more information on this position, please contact Jo on 6250 9523, Wednesday to Friday between 10am and 2pm.
Posted: 27 April 2017
2015 ANPC volunteer and ANU student Yileen Lim (J. Lynch)
Volunteer activities at the National Office in Canberra include maintaining membership databases, distribution of information, helping with the bulletin Australasian Plant Conservation, updating the website, and helping organise conferences, courses and seminars. The scope of the work can be varied to suit your skills and interest, and being based at the Australian National Botanic Gardens, the National Office is a great place to work. Volunteers receive a free parking permit for the Gardens and free ANPC membership for one year! All help is greatly appreciated.
Volunteers are always needed.
If you don't live in Canberra, or aren't interested in remote work for the National Office, we have strands of national activity on some issues where you may be able to help, or we can help you to link up with ANPC members and others active in plant conservation in your area.
Interested? Contact us for more information.